This month’s topic is starting the New Year on the right healthy foot. The benefits of cleansing and detoxifying.
We are constantly exposed to pollutants in our air, the food we eat and in the products we use. These contaminants then get stored in our tissues and fat throughout or bodies. Eventually, if our bodies do not eliminate these toxins they may contribute to diseases such as cancers, mental health, digestive, cardiovascular, reproductive etc.
Are you overloaded with toxins? Do you suffer from these symptoms?
Excess weight gain
joint aches and pains
Unexplained hormonal fluctuations
bloating and gas
suffering from inflammation
There is no need for extreme cleansing, however, adding cleansing foods and practices into your routine can make a world of difference.
7 Easy things to do Immediately
1. Start every day with lemon water (See below for details) and then wait 20 minutes before having breakfast.
2. Choose a morning green nutrient dense smoothie for breakfast as often as possible.
3. Enjoy cleansing teas made from dandelion root, burdock root, nettle tea leaf, ginger daily.
4. Aim for 5-6 cups of vegetables and fruit per day. More vegetables then fruit if you are trying to reduce your weight.
5. Include a vegetable rich nutrient dense soup into your family’s weekly menu plan.
6. Stop eating at least 3 hours before going to bed. This gives your body a rest from digestion and a chance for your body to detoxify.
7. Sleep, sleep, sleep. It is important to get a good 7 or 8 hours of sleep each night. Do whatever you can to achieve this.
Two week sugar/stimulant elimination – Please join me starting on January 8th for a two week long detox cleanse. I will be removing all sugars including fruit and alcohol/stimulants ie caffeine from my diet for two weeks. This will give our organs a much needed break after the indulgences of the holiday season.
Who is up to the challenge?
Follow-me on instagram as I share some tips to get us through. First tip: Begin every day with the juice of half of a freshly squeezed lemon in a glass with 1/2 a cup of warm filtered water. Remember to swish your mouth out with plain water after drinking the lemon water. This will remove any remaining acid from your mouth to protect your teeth.